About Andrew J. Cornick
Experience, Knowledge, & Compassion When Facing Criminal Charges
For the past 12 years, Attorney Andy Cornick has devoted his career to
the practice of criminal law. He has defended clients accused of
DUI/DWI, first-degree murder, and many other crimes. As a former prosecutor with
experience on the other side of the courtroom, he pursues each case with
an unmatched upper hand.
- For this reason, clients can count on Attorney Cornick to provide the following:
- The personal, one-on-one representation you deserve from a lawyer
- Communication and availability
- The experience that allows me to predict opportunities and pitfalls in your case
- Dedicated guidance throughout the duration of your legal matter
- A team of partners and associates to deliver the big-firm power you need
In addition to his law practice, Attorney Cornick proudly serves as Chair
of the Sixth District Disciplinary Committee of the Virginia State Bar,
as well as on the Executive Council of the Virginia Association of Criminal
Defense Lawyers. He has committed his career not just to the rights of
my clients, but to the rights of the criminally accused throughout Virginia.
How Attorney Cornick Got Started
Before attending law school, he worked at a law firm, delivering paperwork
to other offices and researching title for real estate transactions. The
work was not very exciting.
One of the attorneys took on a case defending a client on a charge of
robbery from a motel. The firm was not one that typically took on criminal cases,
but for some reason they took this client's. Attorney Cornick was
intrigued and convinced his boss to let him work the case.
During the investigation, he worked hard to find and interview potential
witnesses, serve subpoenas, and discuss the defense as he developed it.
IHE watched the trial and was hooked from there. He never wanted to do
anything other than try cases in court.
Almost without exception, the attorneys at that firm told Attorney Cornick
it would be impossible to sustain a practice doing nothing but criminal
defense. Attorney Cornick was happy to have blown that pessimism out of
- I always strive to provide the representation you or your loved one needs,
when you need it most. Do not hesitate to call Andrew J. Cornick at (540) 827-4446 today!