Fredericksburg Shoplifting Defense Lawyer
Virginia Shoplifting Laws
Shoplifting is a fairly straightforward offense but the emotional and psychological factors that prompt it can be very complex. There are many different situations which lead to the accusation of a shoplifting charge. As an experienced Fredericksburg criminal defense attorney, I personally represent clients accused of shoplifting.
You can trust Andrew J. Cornick, Attorney at Law to provide you with the one-on-one attention you deserve and I am accessible and responsive to your concerns.
A few common reasons for shoplifting charges include:
- Sometimes people are wrongly charged with theft when it was never their intent.
- Sometimes individuals shoplift to mentally escape a painful situation in life.
- Sometimes people steal for the emotional high that comes with the challenge.
Andrew J. Cornick, Attorney at Law Shoplifting Defense Legal Strategies
When I take on a new case, I dedicate myself and my legal team to achieving a positive outcome and keeping my clients informed at all times. Many clients come into my office with questions about their options after being charged with shoplifting or misdemeanor petty theft in Virginia.
You can count on me to answer any of your questions, such as:
- How can I make sure this charge doesn't affect my ability to get a job?
- Will employers and other individuals be able to view my criminal record?
- Can I complete a first-offender program and have the charge dismissed?
The penalties for a conviction of shoplifting or other theft offenses can be very serious and you could end up in a great deal of trouble. This is why it is imperative that you have top-notch representation from a Fredericksburg criminal defense defense lawyer. Depending on your situation and the facts of your case, I may be able to get the felony charges against you reduced. With ten years of experience, I know the possible options for avoiding or mitigating criminal penalties.
I am available to my clients and look forward to speaking with you. Call Andrew J. Cornick today at (540) 827-4446 to set up a free case consultation.